If you are looking for a job at AirAsia, read this !
The Social Media Manager will implement the AirAsia’s Social Media Strategy, raise brand awareness, generate inbound traffic, encourage product adoption and engage with our fans through various social media channels. This role coordinates with the internal Marketing, Branding, Operations, Customer Car, Culture, Human Resource and PR teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
The ideal candidate MUST possess hands on experience in managing and executing social media efforts within an organisation. This role requires the ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level, touching aspects of responding to a fan’s feedback to rallying a national wide or regional cause. You should be known as a social media diva among your friends. Ideally, your hubby or bf complains occasionally that you spend more time with your BB or iPhone than him.
This position is based at the AirAsia HQ at the Low Cost Carrier Terminal, Sepang and reports to the Head of Digital Services.
- Implement the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services regionally
- Drive traffic to AirAsia.com for different purposes eg. booking, self-service check in, destination guides, etc.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities and coordinate with regional social media team when necessary. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Weibo, LinkedIn, FourSquare and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
- Become an advocate of AirAsia in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Manage a social media users or blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about AirAsia
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Regularly feedback insights gained from social media monitoring into the Marketing and Editorial teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications
- Work with the internal IT, Web team to ensure social media tools (for ex. FB connect, Sharing buttons) are kept up to date
- Manage and motivate a team of social media executives
- Degree in Business or equivalent qualifications
- At least 2 years in managing the social media efforts within an organisation
- Demonstrated ability in organising and executing previous on ground engagement activities with social media users
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr, Foursquare, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company’s field
- Strong project management or organisational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO
- Working exposure to public relations, marketing, sales, community management is a plus
- Ability to be self-directed and to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team: able to listen effectively, respectful of others’ perspectives and contributions, and able to both offer and accept feedback openly.
- Takes accountability and ownership of his/her team’s work
Find out AirAsia’s Cool benefits HERE.
AirAsia was voted World’s Best Low-Cost Airline for 2009 & 2010.
Think you got what it takes to join us as AirAsia Allstar? Send your resume to email@example.com now.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Interviews to be conducted via Skype for candidates outside of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Asians are highly recommended to apply because we embrace diversity and to fuel our rapid regional expansion.
Incoming search terms:
- airasia allstar
- airasia all star logo
- airasia allstars
- airasia ngl programme
- AIRASIA ALL STAR
- benefits working in airasia
- malindo air traffic vacancy
- malindo airlines vacancy
- malindo vacancy
- manager job vacancies 2013- air asia